Randall Oaks Park & Barnyard Zoo
1180 N. Randall Rd., West Dundee, IL
Download the Map
Situated at the top of a hill, Randall Oaks Barnyard Zoo offers a variety of kid-friendly farm animals for viewing, petting and feeding. A stroll through the barn gives visitors an opportunity to meet alpacas, goats and a few of our other barnyard friends. Some highlights of the zoo include: cows, mini horses, a Clydesdale, sheep, goats, emus, alpacas, reptiles, deer, rabbits, chickens, pigs, fox and birds, including Red-tailed hawks, peacocks and Great Horned Owls just to name a few. Come and meet all our four-legged, furry and feathered friends! Pony rides are available for $4.50 per person/per ride.
In addition to the Barnyard Zoo, Randall Oaks Park has 141 acres of open space with three shelters, eight picnic areas, two horseshoe pits, two volleyball courts, three playgrounds and 10-hole disc golf course plus Centerville Schoolhouse Education Tour (reservations only) and hayrides (groups only).
Closed for the 2014 Season
Hours for the 2015 Season
- Weekends Only: April 11-May 3 - 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Daily: May 4-October 12 - 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Weekends Only: October 17-November 22 - 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Closed for the 2015 season: November 23
|Randall Oaks Barnyard Zoo Fees|
|Resident Fee||Nonresident Fee|
*Children under 2 years old: Free
*Children under 2 years old: Free
|Annual Membership||$65 for up to 4 people
$10 per additional member
|$80 for up to 4 people
$15 per additional member
|Pony Rides||$4.50 per person/per ride (based on availability)|
|Animal Program to You (Schools)||$95 (45 minutes)||Same as resident|
Purchase your 2014 Annual Membership to the Barnyard Zoo and receive unlimited seasonal admission to the Randall Oaks Barnyard Zoo. This membership is good for up to four people. (Feedbags may be purchased separately).
$65 Resident ($10 per additional member)
$80 Nonresident ($15 each additional person)
The Randall Oaks Barnyard Zoo is looking for individuals who would like to volunteer throughout the season. You must be 16 years of age or older.
Click here to Apply Online
Sponsor an Animal
With your sponsorship, you share the cost for your favored animal’s needs. Your contribution will help zoo staff to provide expert attention for that year. Your family name will be placed on our sponsorship tree (located in the zoo); plus, you will receive a free membership pass to the Barnyard Zoo for one year. Call us at 847-551-4310 for more information.
Randall Oaks Park
About Randall Oaks Park
Randall Oaks Park is the largest of the district’s parks, boasting 141 acres of space. It provides the ideal place for a company picnic, parties or reunions.
- Two Shelters with electricity and charcoal grills.
- One Shelter with above amenities plus a kitchen with refrigerator, stove, fieldstone fireplace and attached restrooms.
- Eight Picnic areas – each with charcoal grill and five tables.
- Playgrounds, volleyball areas, open fields, horseshoe pits and disc golf.
- Hayrides available (additional fees).
- Randall Oaks Recreation Center Trails
Download the Trail Map
Park Operating Hours
Park opens at sunrise and closes at sunset, except for designated permitted activities.
Park Rules & Regulations
- No alcohol
- Pets must be leashed and cleaned up after
- No sales of merchandise or services
- No fires/grilling except in designated areas
- No motorized vehicles
- Vehicle parking only in designated areas
- Parks open sunrise to sunset unless otherwise posted