Are you planning your child's next Birthday Party?
Celebrate with us! All you have to do is sit back, relax, and watch your child have a wonderful time. Your child will love the party, and you will enjoy the convenience of letting us help you do it all.
Every party is a unique experience since our party planning is geared to the birthday child's age, interests, and abilities. Choose from a variety of themed parties listed below.
Does your child already have a specific theme for their party? We will make a craft to match your theme, and we might add a few extra surprises.
Learn an easy dance to WOW your friends with one of our dance instructors. Instructional time and free dance are available. We will make it work with your theme.
Games, Games, and more Games! Relay races, parachute play, and traditional birthday games, such as tag, hot potato, duck, duck, goose, are a few options. Come prepared for fun!
Lü System Party
Lü is a FUN interactive playground that uses lights, sounds, and video to transform the play area into an engaging, immersive video game. Kids will engage in active play through various FUN games that test locomotor movements, abdominal strength, cardiovascular strength, and endurance. Come out for a FUN time. Available only at the Rakow Center.
Check out what the Lü System is all about: view the video.
Freeze dance, musical spots, limbo, songs, hot potato, etc. Join us as we move to the beat. Fee: $175
Target practice, shooting drills, and training exercises are part of the experience before the
real battle starts. You must provide the Nerf™ guns and eye protection for all participants; gym, targets, and obstacles are provided.
It is customized to the birthday child and those in attendance. Arranged to be age-appropriate and may include free play of a specific sport or a gym filled with various sporting equipment, tunnels, slides, cars, balls, and more! We'll cater to your needs in this supervised, unstructured environment. Structured parachute play can also be incorporated into this party!
Dress to get messy! We will explore different painting techniques and media as we use our creativity to make beautiful masterpieces!
We are calling all sports fans! Individualize this party to your liking. Choose from basketball, soccer, T-ball, hockey, or football! Pick your sport, and we'll play games associated with it!
Birthday Party Information
Birthday parties are held at the Rakow Center or Randall Oaks Recreation Center. All parties include room rental, an age-appropriate party, planning specific to your child, a Party Host for one hour, equipment rental or material cost, and lots of fun!
What you should know about our parties
- Parties are two hours. Each party includes one hour of activity time and one hour of facility rental time. In addition, each rental will be given a half-hour for set-up. Therefore, the total rental time will be two and a half hours.
- A Park District Party Host will begin every party with the chosen activity for the first hour (unless otherwise requested). You, the party chaperones, will be responsible for the additional time in our party room.
- We require a $50 deposit at the time of reservation. If the room is left in the same condition as when you arrived, the deposit will be refunded and given to you within 30 days of the completion of the birthday party.
- The party fee should be paid in full two weeks before the rental date.
- Each party fee includes a maximum of 14 children. There will be a $12 fee for each additional child for the craft or paint party; a $7 fee for each additional child will be charged for all other parties.
- The renter is responsible for providing anything additional for the party, including but not limited to invitations, any food that you would like, cake, plates, utensils, napkins, and any decorations.
- In the event of party cancellation, refunds will only be issued if a refund form is completed and turned in to the appropriate Recreation Center two weeks prior to the day of the party.
When you decide to book a party
You will first contact Stacey to set a date. After a date is agreed upon, a Birthday Party Reservation Form will be sent for you to be filled out to complete your booking. The form, along with a minimum payment of $50 to cover the deposit for the party, should be mailed, faxed, or brought to either the Rakow Center or Randall Oaks Recreation Center to secure your party. The birthday party fee must be paid in full at least two weeks before your rental date.
For more information
Please contact Stacey at (847) 428-7131 x1203 or fill out the interest form below for available days and times! Birthday Parties are available on weekdays, weeknights, and weekends, depending upon staffing availability.
Note: Birthday parties are not offered at Randall Oaks Zoo.
November 20, 2023
Aquatics Citizen Advisory Committee
October 20, 2023
Sleepy Hollow Pool Decision
October 19, 2023
Rakow Center Locker Room Renovation Complete
September 20, 2023
Upcoming Board Meeting Reminder - September 27
August 25, 2023
September 27 Board Meeting - Updates Regarding Sleepy Hollow Pool
August 17, 2023
World of Wonders (small animal building) at-a-glance
August 7, 2023
April 1, 2023
Your Summer Camp Adventure Awaits
March 1, 2023
Rakow Center Locker Room Renovation Project
December 22, 2022
Zoo Membership Special
December 17, 2022
Come and explore our classrooms on January 10-12
December 2, 2022
Get ready to run! Frozen Oaks 5K | February 4
September 22, 2022
Sat Live! Every 1st & 3rd Saturday from October-March
August 26, 2021
Give a unique gift of animal sponsorship for any occasion.
December 4, 2020
Bond refinance saves Dundee Township Park District more than $1.8 million
April 15, 2019
Dundee Township Park District awarded for excellence in financial reporting