September 26-November 1 | Reservations Required
Come and celebrate the change in seasons at Randall Oaks Zoo’s annual Fall Festival! The zoo will be decorated for fall with special fall activities for visitors to enjoy. Pumpkins will be available for purchase during your visit. Regular admission applies. Event activities are subject to change and weather dependent.
Fall Festival Activities
- Pumpkin Enrichment for the Animals –
Every Day at 12:30 pm
- Pumpkins & Fall Treats for Sale
- Bonfire 12:00-5:00 pm
- Animal Shows at 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, and 2:30 pm
- Free Crafts for Kids
Due to Phase 4 capacity limits, reservations are required. Reservations for Fall Festival dates will begin on August 28. Please familiarize yourself with our Know Before You Go information prior to your visit.
- Before you visit, sign-up online by visiting www.signupgenius.com/go/805044FABAD28A3FC1-randall. Reservations must be made online before your visit, and times are available every 20 minutes from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with a maximum of 15 people per time slot. The Zoo will close at 5:00 pm daily. Please remember your entry into the Zoo will be valid at your chosen time. Once you pick your time, it can only be changed if other time slots are available. Children 1-year-old and under, while free admission wise, still count as a person in your group online, as this number is for capacity purposes.
- Payment for entry will be collected at the ticket booth when you arrive for your designated time slot, and we strongly encourage the use of our contactless card payment. If you are a member, please present your membership card at that time. If there is a line at the ticket booth, please follow social distancing guidelines and stay to the designated paw prints on the ground. At this time, you will purchase your admission and cups of feed for the animals if you wish to do so.
- Our daily admission price is $3.75 per resident, $4.50 per non-resident | Children ages 1 and under: FREE
- Once your ticket purchase is completed, you will be directed to our temporary entrance at the south gate of the Zoo, where an admission aid will assist you with entry into the Zoo. If there is a line at the Zoo entrance, please remember to socially distance while waiting to gain entry.
- According to the current Phase 4 guidelines, our exhibits inside the main barn will remain closed at this time.
- Please remember that your Zoo visit will be entirely outdoors, and the tour will be conducted rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather. We will not be admitting guests into the Zoo in cases of lightning or severe weather.
- Customers are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth (exceptions can be made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- During your visit, you will have the opportunity to enter our Petting Zoo area to interact with the goats and visit our Gift Shop Stand.
- Pony rides will not be operating at this time.
- The public restrooms are available near the Ticket Booth outside the perimeter of the Zoo. Therefore we recommend visiting them before or after your visit.
- You may want to download a zoo map in advance. To reduce hand-to-hand engagement and increase guest safety, we will not be handing out paper copies. Please note this downloadable map is for general reference only and can be saved onto your mobile device.
- Our staff will be disinfecting the commonly touched areas throughout the Zoo and bathrooms every 2 hours per CDC recommendations. However, we highly recommend utilizing the hand sanitizer stations frequently throughout the Zoo and tour. In addition, all employees will be wearing face masks or shields for your and their safety.
- For the safety of our animals, staff and fellow guests, please stay at home if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever or coughing, or if you have been in contact with a diagnosed person in the past 14 days.
A Special Randall Oaks Zoo Sponsorship Opportunity
The Randall Oaks Zoo’s Fall Festival is an annual celebration of autumn that runs from Saturday, September 26 – Sunday, November 1. Families enjoy the crisp air, a visit with the animals, hayrides, a make-and-take craft station, animal shows, and visit with the Scarecrows!
We are looking for local organizations, businesses, or families to sponsor a scarecrow to be on display during our Fall Festival. The sponsorship fee provides you with the basics of scarecrow building – framework, pants, shirts, heads, and straw. Bring any fun extras you would like to use to personalize your creation.
If you would like to participate and join us for the “Great Scarecrow Build,” fill out a sponsorship form by Thursday, September 17, 2020, and you will be a part of the FUN!
ALL SCARECROW SPONSORS RECEIVE
- One Scarecrow to build and decorate.
- A customized sponsor sign acknowledging your group will be placed next to your scarecrow.
- Recognition in the October Zoo newsletter and on the Randall Oaks Zoo Facebook page.
THE GREAT SCARECROW BUILD DATE & LOCATION
Your group or family can come to the Zoo for free to work on your creation during the following days and times.
- Dates: Saturday, September 19 and Sunday, September 20
- Time: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Location: Randall Oaks Zoo, 1180 N. Randall Rd., West Dundee.
$80 | $50 (Scout & Youth Groups)
Your total sponsorship fee goes to the animals at Randall Oaks Zoo and our ongoing mission of conservation and education. For more information or to sponsor, call Kath at (847) 551-4310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.