Important updates regarding facilities and programs. (Updated 5/21/20)
Summer is quickly approaching, and under normal circumstances, the Dundee Township Park District is bustling with preparing for activities such as camps, swimming, special outdoor events, and more. However, our view of summer has been altered due to circumstances outside of our control.
The Dundee Township Park District has had to take a serious look at our ability to provide safe programming to our community this summer within the parameters of the Restore Illinois Plan for reopening Illinois during the COVID-19 crisis. We would like to provide an update on important decisions regarding our summer operations as we continue to keep the safety of our community and participants our top priority.
The following Dundee Township Park District facilities will remain closed until we can safely resume operations under the Restore Illinois Plan.
Due to the health, safety, operational and financial challenges related to operating pools under social distancing protocols, the Board of Commissioners and Park District Staff have decided not to open Sleepy Hollow Pool for the 2020 season. This announcement follows the previous decision to keep Dolphin Cove Family Aquatic Center closed for 2020.
Our fitness centers will remain closed at least through Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan. Our Staff is working on plans to safely resume our fitness operations once we can reopen our facility. We will continue to provide virtual programming options until we can resume in-person activities. Some of these resources can be accessed on our YouTube Channel and Virtual Recreation Guide.
Annual Members that have paid in full will have their membership extended for the length of the closure.
Members who are on installment billing (EFT) will not be charged the May 20th billing. We will notify members about future EFT billing when information becomes available.
Our two golf courses will continue to operate under the strict safety guidelines that were put in place to ensure social distancing. As we move into Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan the new guidelines are set to begin on Friday, May 29. The updated golf guidelines will be posted on the Randall Oaks Golf Club and Bonnie Dundee Golf Club websites.
Online pre-paid reservations are encouraged. Golfers that pre-pay online can bypass the pro shop and head right to the tee! Book your tee time online at dtpd.teesnap.net/
All programs that begin in June have been canceled. We are offering virtual recreation options for our community to enjoy until we can return to in-person programs.
Day Camp, Discovery Day Camp, Sports Camp, and Zoo Camp will have a tentative start date of Monday, July 6. All those who registered for a camp that starts in June will be issued a refund that will go back to your original form of payment. You will receive an email confirmation once your refund has been processed. Staff is currently developing social distancing and sanitation guidelines to operate camp safely. These guidelines will be communicated before the start of camp. Information may change due to circumstances outside of our control.
Algonquin Lakes and Sleepy Hollow Day Camps
Due to facility availability and social distancing capability, Algonquin Lakes and Sleepy Hollow Day Camps will be moved to the Rakow Center. Current participants will automatically be transferred to Day Camp at the Rakow Center.
Additional Camp Information
As of May 8, we will only require a $10 fee for each registered section (week) of camp to hold your child’s place. Full payment will need to be made the Monday prior to the camp week start date. Once we know camp is running families will be contacted to accept payment.
- Staff is developing new social distancing and safety procedures. This information will be provided prior to the start of camp. We will share this information via email to registered participants, post to our website, and on social media, once it’s available.
- Due to COVID-19, we have limited the total enrollment number for each section (excluding Zoo Camps). Please know this number may change dependent upon recommendations from the state and CDC.
- Should camps be canceled due to situations out of our control, all participants will receive a full refund. This will include the $10 fee.
- Payment Plans
- We will not be accepting payment plans until the Park District returns to being fully operational.
With the change in the camp schedule, the Park District will be releasing a June edition of the Virtual Recreation Guide that will include a virtual camp alternative and additional programs that can be enjoyed from home.
Due to the almost daily changes regarding business operations, restrictions that have been put in place, and the uncertainty of when the Dundee Township Park District will be able to open, the Park District will be temporarily deferring payment for anyone registering for our summer 2020 programs (excluding summer camps). No fees will be charged during the registration process. All fees will be collected one week prior to your specific program start date. Participants will be contacted with payment options at that time.
Refunds for any Park District programs that have been canceled will go back to your original form of payment. If you are receiving a check, you should receive that within 2-3 weeks of your refund being processed. At this time, there is no need to request a refund personally. We appreciate your patience and understanding, value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again soon.
Our parks will remain open at this time, but due to Governor Pritzker’s ‘Shelter-in-Place’ executive order, playgrounds are closed until further notice. If you visit one of our parks, you must follow CDC recommendations of practice safe social distancing of keeping a 6-foot distance from others and staying home if you are sick. Please note that restrooms will not be open at this time.
- The Huffman Park Splash Pad will be closed until further notice.
With the implementation of the Restore Illinois Plan, the Park District is announcing the cancellation of the following additional summer events:
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS – BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CARE
Registration for Circle of Friends for the 2020-2021 school year has not begun. It has been postponed until further notice. As soon as new dates are set, they will be posted on our website and social media outlets.
Registration will resume once our facilities reopen.
PARTIES AND RENTALS
Parties and rentals scheduled through June will be rescheduled at a later date or refunded without a cancellation fee. Refunds will be processed once our operations are up and running.
During this time, if you should need to contact us, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will strive to respond to your inquiries within 24-48 hours during regular business hours, Monday – Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
We want to thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back and offer the programs and facilities you have been missing. We will continue to share any updates with you in the coming weeks on our website, social media outlets – Facebook and Twitter, and via email.
In the meantime, view our Virtual Recreation Guide and additional resources to keep you busy until we can reopen our doors https://www.dtpd.org/virtual/.
- Are Fitness Centers open?
- Our fitness centers will remain closed at least through Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan. Our Staff is working on plans to safely resume our fitness operations once we can reopen our facility. We will continue to provide virtual programming options until we can resume in-person activities.
- Are the Bonnie Dundee and Randall Oaks Golf Courses open?
- Our two golf courses will continue to operate under the strict safety guidelines that were put in place to ensure social distancing. We are aware that the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO) will be announcing modified guidelines and will share the information once those guidelines are released. Tee times can be booked online at dtpd.teesnap.net/
- Are the outdoor parks open?
- All parks and walking trails remain open to the public.
- Playgrounds are closed as of Saturday, March 21 at 5:00 pm until further notice.
- Will I get a refund for my programs or memberships?
- Refunds for any Park District programs that have been canceled to date will go back to your original form of payment. If you are receiving a check, you should receive that within 2-3 weeks of your refund being processed. At this time, there is no need to request a refund personally. We appreciate your patience and understanding, value you as a customer and look forward to serving you again soon.
- FITNESS MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
- Annual Members that have paid in full will have their membership extended for the length of the closure.
- Members who are on installment billing (EFT) will not be charged the May 20th. We will notify members about future EFT billing when information becomes available.
- Why is the District taking such drastic steps?
- Staff acted on the guidance of the CDC and other public health officials. Because most of our programs and facilities are large public gathering places, we felt these temporary closures were in the best interest of public health.
- When will a decision be made regarding future events and programs?