About Our Preschool
Our Preschool program offers a wide variety of opportunities for children between the ages of Almost 3 to 5 years old. Class times, locations and ages vary in order to meet the needs of our community.
Children are involved in learning activities that are designed to meet and nurture their growth in all areas of development. Teachers will work one-on-one and in small groups with your child, as they tailor the program to your own child’s development. Large group activities also take place to help develop strong social interaction. Our open classroom includes learning areas such as science, math, housekeeping, blocks, art, writing, small and large motor centers. Each area offers ample learning opportunities as children can explore on their own or with a group of friends. Children enrolled in our Pre-K programs prepare for kindergarten and are introduced to the Jolly Phonics reading program which is utilized by D300 kindergarten classes. We encourage strong social and academic learning for younger children through a variety of activities.
To schedule a visit, call Janet at (847) 428-7131 x2301.
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year begins February 1 for residents from 8:00 am-Noon at the Randall Oaks Recreation Center. Nonresident registration begins on February 24.
Preschool Enrollment/Payment Procedures
To process registration, we must have:
- A completed registration form, a copy of your child’s birth certificate, a copy of your child’s most current immunization record, proof of residency (something with your address, such as a utility bill, tax bill, etc.) and the automatic payment authorization form filled out completely, are required to enroll your child(ren) in the program.
- Payment to cover the first month, plus a $40 non-refundable registration fee per child, is due upon registration. Monthly fees are from August through April.
- Payments will be deducted electronically from your credit/debit card on the 5th of every month. The Park District does not accept cash or checks for this program unless paid in full.
For 2020-2021 School Year
- Children entering our Pre-Kindergarten programs must be four by Sept. 1, 2020.
- Children entering our Preschool program must be three by Sept. 1, 2020.
- Children entering our Almost 3 program must be three by Jan. 15, 2021.
- Children must be toilet trained for all classes. No pull-ups, please.
Forms for the 2020-2021 school year will be available the last week January.
|For 2020-2021 School Year – Fees are Monthly||Resident||Nonresident|
|2 days/week with extended learning time||$171||$231|
|3 days/week with extended learning time (Mixed Preschool)||$263||$323|
|3 days/week with extended learning time (Pre-Kindergarten)||$376||$436|
Registration Fee $40 will be due with the first payment.
Siblings receive a 10% Discount
Two Ways to Pay
- Save 5% with full payment.
- Payment Plan
Rakow Center (RAP) Preschool Room
665 Barrington Ave.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Randall Oaks Recreation Center (RORCP)
500 N. Randall Rd.
West Dundee, IL 60118
Sleepy Hollow (SHP)
875 Winmoor Dr.
Sleepy Hollow, IL 60118
Washington Street Center (WSP)
21 N. Washington St.
Carpentersville, IL 60110