About Our Preschool
Our Preschool program offers a wide variety of opportunities for children between the ages of Almost 3 to 5 years old. Class times, locations, and ages vary in order to meet the needs of our community.
Children are involved in learning activities that are designed to meet and nurture their growth in all areas of development. Teachers will work one-on-one and in small groups with your child, as they tailor the program to your own child’s development. Large group activities also take place to help develop strong social interaction. Our open classroom includes learning areas such as science, math, housekeeping, blocks, art, writing, small and large motor centers. Each area offers ample learning opportunities as children can explore on their own or with a group of friends. Children enrolled in our Pre-K programs prepare for kindergarten and are introduced to the Jolly Phonics reading program which is utilized by D300 kindergarten classes. We encourage strong social and academic learning for younger children through a variety of activities.
To schedule a visit, call Janet at (847) 428-7131 x2301.
2021-2022 School Year
- Now enrolling residents and nonresidents for the 2021-2022 school year.
To process registration, we must have:
- A completed registration form, a copy of your child’s birth certificate, a copy of your child’s most current immunization record, proof of residency (something with your address, such as a utility bill, tax bill, etc.), and the automatic payment authorization form filled out completely, are required to enroll your child(ren) in the program.
- Payment to cover the first month, plus a $40 non-refundable registration fee per child, is due upon registration. Monthly fees are from August through April.
- Payments will be deducted electronically from your credit/debit card on the 5th of every month. The Park District does not accept cash or checks for this program unless paid in full.
For 2021-2022 School Year
- Children entering our Pre-Kindergarten programs must be four by Sept. 1, 2021.
- Children entering our Preschool program must be three by Sept. 1, 2021.
- Children entering our Almost 3 program must be three by Jan. 15, 2022.
- Children must be toilet trained for all classes. No pull-ups, please.
|For 2021-2022 School Year – Fees are Monthly||Resident*||Nonresident*|
|2 days/week with extended learning time||$180||$240|
|3 days/week with extended learning time (Mixed Preschool) – Sleepy Hollow and Rakow Center||$274||$334|
|3 days/week with extended learning time (Pre-Kindergarten) – Washington St.||$392||$452|
* These fees do not include the $40 non-refundable registration fee due upon registration.
Two Ways to Pay
- Pay in Full: Save 5%
- Payment Plan: Payment to cover the first month, plus a $40 non-refundable registration fee per child, is due upon registration. Monthly fees are from August through April. Payments will be deducted electronically from your credit/debit card on the 5th of every month. The Park District does not accept cash or checks for this program unless paid in full.
Class Schedule 2021-2022 School Year
Preschool (Almost 3’s and Ages 3 years – 2024 Kindergarten start)
|Washington St.||54299-14||Tu/Th||9:00-11:00 am|
Preschool (Age 3 years – 2023 Kindergarten start)
|Washington St.||54299-15||M/W||9:00-11:00 am|
|Randall Oaks Recreation Center||54299-16||Tu/Th||9:00-11:00 am|
Mixed Preschool (Ages 3-5 years)
|Sleepy Hollow Preschool||54299-19||Tu/Th||8:45-10:45 am|
|Optional Extended Learning Time*||54299-19ET||Tu/Th||10:45 am-12:15 pm|
|Sleepy Hollow Preschool||54299-21||M/W/F||8:15-10:45 am|
|Optional Extended Learning Time*||54299-21ET||M/W/F||10:45 am-12:15 pm|
Pre-Kindergarten (Ages 4-5 years – 2022 Kindergarten start)
|Randall Oaks Recreation Center||54299-23||M/W/F||8:45-11:15 am|
|Rakow Center||54299-24||M/W/F||8:45-11:15 am|
|Optional Extended Learning Time*||54299-24ET||M/W/F||11:15 am-12:45 pm|
|Randall Oaks Recreation Center||54299-25||M/W/F||11:45 am-2:15 pm|
|Washington St.||54299-26||Tu/W/Th||8:45-11:15 am|
|Optional Extended Learning Time*||54299-26ET||Tu/W/Th||11:15 am-1:45 pm|
*Extended Learning Time is socially structured learning time involving free-play, arts and crafts, storytime, games, and lunch. Participants must bring their own lunch/beverage. For holidays and school days off, Dundee Township Park District Preschool follows School District 300 calendar.
Download the Preschool Parent Guide (Updated 8/5/20)
Rakow Center (RAP) Preschool
665 Barrington Ave.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Randall Oaks Recreation Center (RORCP)
500 N. Randall Rd.
West Dundee, IL 60118
Sleepy Hollow (SHP)
875 Winmoor Dr.
Sleepy Hollow, IL 60118
Washington Street Center (WSP)
21 N. Washington St.
Carpentersville, IL 60110