The Randall Oaks Zoo is now open for the 2021 season. Reservations must be made online before your visit. Book your reservation now.
2021 Dates/Hours of Operation
- March 27-October 31 (Daily): 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- November 1-28 (Daily): 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- December 4-19 (Weekends Only) - 12:00-7:00 pm
For a list of special events, click here.
$4.00 Resident | $4.75 Nonresident
Children ages one and under are FREE & United States Military with ID.
Enjoy unlimited admission the Randall Oaks Zoo by becoming a member. Learn more about memberships.
Animal Feed: $1 per cup
Pony Rides: $5 per person/per ride (Based on Availability) Ponies are on break from 12:00-1:30 pm. | $25 Punch Pass (A punch pass includes 6 rides.)
Plan your visit!
Situated at the top of a hill, Randall Oaks Zoo offers a variety of kid-friendly farm animals for viewing, petting, and feeding. A stroll through the barn gives visitors an opportunity to meet alpacas, goats, and a few of our other animal friends. Some highlights of the zoo include cows, mini horses, sheep, goats, emus, alpacas, reptiles, deer, rabbits, chickens, pigs, fox, and birds, including Red-tailed Hawks, peacocks, and Great Horned Owls just to name a few. Come and meet all our four-legged, furry, and feathered friends!
In addition to the Zoo, Randall Oaks Park has 141 acres of open space with three shelters, eight picnic areas, two volleyball courts, three playgrounds, and a 10-hole disc golf course plus Centerville Schoolhouse Education Tour (reservations only) and hayrides (groups only).
Due to Illinois Phase 4 requirements, Zoo visits will include a maximum of 60 guests in the Zoo at one time. Each time slot can accommodate 20 people, and you may encounter a short wait to enter the zoo. Look for our “ONE WAY” signs directing the flow of your visit and please follow the paw prints on the pathway to socially distance from other visitors. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these safety procedures. Please note that we require masks to be worn throughout the duration of your entire visit to the zoo.
Please reserve a time to visit the Zoo as we may not be able to accommodate guests without an online reservation. Please remember your entry into the zoo will be valid at your chosen time.
Know Before You Go
- Payment for entry will be collected at the ticket booth when you arrive for your designated time slot and we strongly encourage the use of our contactless card payment system. If you are a member, please present your membership card at that time. If there is a line at the ticket booth, please follow social distancing guidelines. You will purchase your admission cups of feed for the animals, and pony ride tickets if you wish to do so at that time.
- The walk-in petting zoo will be open.
- Please remember that your Zoo visit will be outdoors and will be open rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather. Pony rides are weather dependent.
- Guests must wear face coverings over their nose and mouth for the entire duration of their visit.
- The public restrooms will be available near the entrance, and we recommend visiting them before or after your visit.
- You may want to download a zoo map in advance. This is to reduce hand-to-hand engagement and increase guest safety. Please note this downloadable map is for general reference only and can be saved onto your mobile device.
- Our staff will be disinfecting the commonly touched areas throughout the Zoo and bathrooms every 2 hours per CDC recommendations. However, we highly recommend utilizing the hand sanitizer stations frequently throughout the Zoo. In addition, all employees will be wearing face masks or shields for your and their safety.
- For the safety of our animals, staff and fellow guests, please stay at home if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever or coughing, or if you have been in contact with a diagnosed person in the past 14 days.
1180 N. Randall Rd., West Dundee, IL 60118 • 847-551-4312
Randall Oaks Zoo is located 2.5 miles north of Interstate 90, just off of Randall Road.)
With a zoo membership, you receive unlimited admission for the 2021 season to the Randall Oaks Zoo and additional exclusive benefits. Our members provide essential financial support for the Randall Oaks Zoo. Zoo memberships assist us with providing quality veterinary care for the animals and updating and adding new exhibits.
Download the 2021 Zoo Membership Form
Membership passes are valid March 27, 2021-December 2021 and can be purchased at the following locations during regular operating hours:
- Unlimited admission for 2021 season
- Discounted tickets to Brew at the Zoo (Saturday, July 17, 2021)
- Special member coupons
- 10% off gift shop items and snacks
- Free Feed Friday (first Friday of every month)
- $15 discount on Randall Oaks Shelter rentals
*Members are required to show a valid membership card and photo ID to receive admission benefits.
|1 Person||$19 (R)/$23 (NR)|
|2 People||$38 (R)/$46 (NR)|
|3 People||$57 (R)/$69 (NR)|
|4 People||$76 (R)/$92 (NR)|
|Each additional member||$19 (R)/$23 (NR)|
Children under 2 years old are FREE.
(R) – Resident; (NR) – Nonresident
Download the Randall Oaks Park Map
(Click on the map to enlarge)
Stay Connected with the Randall Oaks Zoo
Zoo Donation Wish List
Looking for a way to help our animals? We have created a wish list of items that are needed. Donations may be dropped off at the zoo during open season, April 4-November 1 daily from 9 am-5 pm. Please call 847-551-4310 x5003 to request a drop off time when the zoo is closed for the season.
• Dawn soap
• Simple green
• Paper towels
• Old towels or blankets in good condition (nothing torn please)
• Any size dog crates/kennels
• Water bowls/food dishes
• Baby toys/old toys (no stuffed animals please)
• Cat litter
• Dry cat food
• Old children’s books
• Old phone books
The Randall Oaks Zoo is looking for individuals who would like to volunteer throughout the season. You must be 16 years of age or older.
Click here to Apply Online
For job opportunities, please click here to view positions available at the Randall Oaks Zoo.