Attention Teachers! Start planning your class field trip to the Randall Oaks Park and Zoo. Plan a picnic in one of our three shelters or eight picnic areas, visit with the animals, play on one of several of our playgrounds or use the open space area for team-building games.
Reservations are required for groups of 20 or more. Contact us at (847) 551-4310.
Traveling Animal Ambassadors (School Program)
Bring the magic of the Randall Oaks Animals back to school with a Traveling Animal Ambassadors program. We bring the shows to you for a fun and educational hands-on experience. Programs are for Preschool through High School and are tailored to your curriculum goals.
- All Creatures Great and Small – learn and meet animals from a friendly skunk and a feisty ferret to a Madagascan hissing cockroach! Perfect for all ages and for those looking to experience multiple animals from the animal kingdom.
- It’s a Bug’s Life – Is something bugging you to learn about bugs? Well, then this is the program for you. Explore the wonders of insects while seeing them up close. Animals may include cockroaches, super worms, crickets, and even a rose-haired tarantula.
- Defense! Defense! – Did you know that a skunk’s spray can temporarily blind a predator? From the color of their fur to the spines covering their bodies, animals have amazing ways to protect themselves.
- Reptastic – It’s all about the reptiles. Meet reptiles and learn about their special adaptations. Reptiles will include lizards, tortoises, turtles, and snakes. It is time to slither our way to you.
- Racing Extinction – How can you help endangered species? Find out in this hands-on program that will teach students about invasive species, urban wildlife, and their impacts on endangered plants and animals. Get empowered by this presentation!
For schools and non-profit organizations, the cost is $120 per program. Call Kath at (847) 551-4310 x5006 for more information and reservations.