December 5-6, 12-13, 19-20 | 12:00-6:00 pm | Reservations Required
It’s the most magical time of the year! Experience the zoo all dressed up in holiday lights! Open weekends on December 5-6, 12-13, and 19-20 from 12-6 pm. Enjoy holiday lights and decorations around our barns and animals, a bonfire, community tree sponsorships and the Big Guy himself visits from 1-4 pm each day! Event activities are subject to change and weather dependent.
- Holiday Lights and Decorations
- Santa Visits - 1:00-4:00 pm
- Holiday Treats for Sale
Regular Zoo admission applies:
- $3.75 Resident
- $4.50 Non-Resident
- Children ages 1 and under: FREE
- United States Military with ID: FREE
Due to Phase 4 capacity limits, reservations are required. Please familiarize yourself with our Know Before You Go information prior to your visit.
- Before you visit, sign-up online by visiting www.signupgenius.com/go/805044FABAD28A3FC1-randall. Reservations must be made online before your visit, and times are available every 20 minutes from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with a maximum of 18 people per time slot. The Zoo will close at 5:00 pm daily. Please remember your entry into the Zoo will be valid at your chosen time. Once you pick your time, it can only be changed if other time slots are available. Children 1-year-old and under, while free admission wise, still count as a person in your group online, as this number is for capacity purposes.
- Payment for entry will be collected at the ticket booth when you arrive for your designated time slot, and we strongly encourage the use of our contactless card payment. If you are a member, please present your membership card at that time. If there is a line at the ticket booth, please follow social distancing guidelines and stay to the designated paw prints on the ground. At this time, you will purchase your admission and cups of feed for the animals if you wish to do so.
- Our daily admission price is $3.75 per resident, $4.50 per non-resident | Children ages 1 and under: FREE
- Once your ticket purchase is completed, you will be directed to our temporary entrance at the south gate of the Zoo, where an admission aid will assist you with entry into the Zoo. If there is a line at the Zoo entrance, please remember to socially distance while waiting to gain entry.
- According to the current Phase 4 guidelines, our exhibits inside the main barn will remain closed at this time.
- Please remember that your Zoo visit will be entirely outdoors, and the tour will be conducted rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather. We will not be admitting guests into the Zoo in cases of lightning or severe weather.
- Customers are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth (exceptions can be made for people with medical conditions or disabilities that prevent them from safely wearing a face covering).
- During your visit, you will have the opportunity to enter our Petting Zoo area to interact with the goats and visit our Gift Shop Stand.
- Pony rides will not be operating at this time.
- The public restrooms are available near the Ticket Booth outside the perimeter of the Zoo. Therefore we recommend visiting them before or after your visit.
- You may want to download a zoo map in advance. To reduce hand-to-hand engagement and increase guest safety, we will not be handing out paper copies. Please note this downloadable map is for general reference only and can be saved onto your mobile device.
- Our staff will be disinfecting the commonly touched areas throughout the Zoo and bathrooms every 2 hours per CDC recommendations. However, we highly recommend utilizing the hand sanitizer stations frequently throughout the Zoo and tour. In addition, all employees will be wearing face masks or shields for your and their safety.
- For the safety of our animals, staff and fellow guests, please stay at home if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever or coughing, or if you have been in contact with a diagnosed person in the past 14 days.
A Special Randall Oaks Zoo Sponsorship Opportunity
Winterfest is a family event that celebrates the magic of the holidays. Enjoy the zoo animals, see the holiday lights and community decorated trees, visit with Santa, and warm up by the bonfire. December is truly a magical time of year to visit Randall Oaks Zoo.
We are looking for local organizations and regional businesses to sponsor a holiday tree. Each group will decorate their tree, and it will be displayed during Winterfest, set amongst the holiday backdrop of Randall Oaks Zoo and Park. Tree decorating takes place on November 28 and 29, from 9:00 am-3:00 pm with free admission to the zoo.
If you would like to sponsor a holiday tree, the sponsorship form and payment must be submitted by Wednesday, November 18.
ALL TREE SPONSORS RECEIVE
- One lit tree to decorate.
- A customized sponsor sign acknowledging your group will be placed next to your tree.
- Recognition in the December Zoo newsletter and on the Randall Oaks Zoo Facebook page.
- 5 FREE Zoo Winterfest admission tickets.
TREE DECORATING DATE & LOCATION
Your group or family can come to the Zoo for free to decorate your tree during the following days and times.
- Dates: Saturday, November 28 and Sunday, November 29
- Time: 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Location: Randall Oaks Zoo, 1180 N. Randall Rd., West Dundee.
Your sponsorship will be seen by our event attendees and on social media posts. Your support will assist in achieving our ongoing mission of conservation and education. For more information or to sponsor, call Kath at (847) 551-4310 x5006 or email@example.com.